1. The annual “SACRUM ET DECORUM. Materiały i studia z historii sztuki sakralnej/SACRUM ET DECORUM. Materials and Studies on the History of Sacred Art” is a peer-reviewed academic journal, edited in two language versions – Polish and English – which is published in print and electronic form.
2. Original and previously unpublished articles, thematically related to the profile of the magazine, making a significant contribution to the development of Polish and world research on sacred art, sent exclusively to the editorial office of “Sacrum et Decorum” are accepted for publication. The text should be up to 20 typewritten pages; in exceptional cases – by prior arrangement with the editorial team – the number of pages may be increased.
3. In addition to scholarly articles, the Editorial Board publishes reviews, source materials and artists’ essays on their own work in the new Miscellanea series. We also publish information about books or artistic events, i.e. exhibitions, conferences, etc., up to 5 typed pages.
4. Please attach to the text: an abstract of the article (about half a typewritten page), five to six keywords, a separate bibliography and brief information about the author, including name, surname, title or degree, place of work, contact details – e-mail address, telephone number and ORCID number. Submitting an article for print is tantamount to agreeing to the publication of the above data, not only in “Sacrum et Decorum” (paper and internet version), but also in academic databases with which the magazine cooperates now or in the future.
5. Please also complete, sign and send to the Editor the attached declaration of authenticity and authorship of the submitted text and/or any contributions from other authors, as well as your responsibility for the originality of the work, the application of COPE standards and respect for the property rights of third parties (e.g. in the use of illustrative material, etc.) – APPENDIX 1 – AUTHOR’S STATEMENT.
Authors are also asked to sign a contract with the Publisher – APPENDIX 1a – bilingual contract for the performance of a work/umowa o wykonanie utworu w czasopiśmie – dwujęzyczna
6. In the case of co-authorship of the article, we require information on the percentage contribution of individual persons to the writing of the paper, specifying the affiliation of the co-author(s). Authors are also required to submit to the Editor and include in the text information on the contribution of academic and research institutions, associations and other entities – APPENDIX 1b – Statement of percentage share
7. The editors reserve the right to make changes or abbreviations to the text, with the prior agreement of the author(s).
8. Unsolicited materials will not be returned by the Editor.
9. The rules of accepting, evaluating, and the reviewing process are in accordance with the guidelines of the Ministry of Education and Science as well as the standards of COPE – Committee on Publication Ethics, and described in detail on the webpage www.sacrumetdecorum.pl, under “Reviewing”.
10. The editors follow the procedures suggested by the Ministry of Education and Science and the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) to safeguard the originality of academic publications.
11. The Editorial Board will inform the appropriate bodies possessing the power of legal authority over persons not conforming to the applicable standards, of any instances of violating academic integrity and ethical principles.
Sending the article to the editor and technical requirements:
- Texts should be sent via e-mail to: email@example.com by the end of December each year;
- Articles should contain an abstract of the article (about half a typewritten page), five to six keywords, a separate bibliography and brief information about the author, including name, surname, title or degree, place of work, contact details – e-mail address, telephone number and ORCID number;
- The citation and bibliography format is described in APPENDIX 2 – STYLESHEET;
- Illustrations in tif, jpg, pdf format should be sent in a separate file to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The list of photographs should be prepared in accordance with the rules set out in Annex 2 and placed under the bibliography in the article;
- A standard typewritten page contains 30 lines of text with approx. 60 characters per line (approx. 1800 characters per page).
Please address all correspondence to:
Centrum Dokumentacji Współczesnej Sztuki Sakralnej
Editors of “Sacrum et Decorum”
35-002 Rzeszów, pl. Ofiar Getta 4-5/35
phone +48 661 928 362, +48 17 872 20 98